New Terraria Server
It's happenin' again!
Created: Mar 22, 2023
By ENBYSS~2 min read
Hey! A while ago I had a terraria server that was shut down due to inactivity. Recently though I’ve been missing the game, so I decided to give it another shot - this time with some twists!
Firstly, the server is hosted in the same place that this website is. That means it’s hosted at no extra cost, however I have to maintain it manually and make sure everything is running smoothly.
Secondly, it will be modded. I’ve played Vanilla and it’s quite interesting, but I want a new experience. Specifically, Calamity in Journey mode. Before we get to the why, I want to explain details.
The important bits are the IP and PASSWORD.
Then, there’s all the mods that I decided to add to the server.
- Calamity: Mentioned before, adds a metric ton of content.
- Calamity Music: Music is really good, so I thought I’d add it here - why not?
- Alchemist NPC Lite: Mostly for potions and convenience.
- Auto reroll: Because manually reforging is a nightmare.
- Boss Checklist: There’s so many bosses, especially with Calamity, that this helps to pace things and keep track.
- Census: It’s useful to keep track of the NPCs, as well as their conditions and whether they’re met.
- Magic Storage: For when chests aren’t enough and you just want to dump everything in one place.
- Magic Storage Void Bag: Remember the Void Bag? This is an upgrade that’s tied to the magic storage… I think.
- Ore Excavator: For when manually mining ores becomes annoying.
- You’ll need to bind keys to make this work, since you need to opt-in the excavation with a button.
- Recipe Browser: Sorry guide, but you kind of aren’t good enough.
- You’ll need to bind keys to make this work, in order to pull up the browser.
The difficulty is Journey, so journey characters are accepted. Mostly to avoid a lot of the grinding since it can be tedious. Plus I wanna make pretty things without worrying about wasted resources.
If you have recommendations, maybe join the discord! I likely need to reboot to apply mod changes however, so keep that in mind.